I decided to include some of my favorite Chinese language resources in this blog as I have a number of dear friends who have adopted from China and because I studied Mandarin for a couple of years at university and love the language.
I’ve also include a few links to sign language resources at the bottom as some families find sign to be a good language bridge when bringing a new child into the family whose first language is not English.
CHINESE LANGUAGE AND ONLINE DICTIONARIES
- http://www.chinesetools.eu/ (has audio for free)
- http://www.yellowbridge.com (favorite)
- http://afpc.asso.fr/wengu/wg/zhendic.php Chinese (trad.)-Pinyin-English dictionary
- Chinese Names http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_name
- Chinese Given Names http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_given_name
- Chinese Surnames http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_surname#Examples_of_variations_in_romanisation
- List of Common Chinese Surnames http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_common_Chinese_surnames
- Family Relationships http://www.kwanfamily.info/familytitles/familytitle.html